Music Banter - View Single Post - The Islam Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2016, 11:33 AM   #137 (permalink)
kibbeh
kibbeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blankmind View Post
Ok. I knew this. But I thought you meant in the last thirty years. See I was taught that Muslims believe that if you die for your faith you will be awarded with 72 virgins in the next life. Which always gave off the impression that they are dying for there faith. But I wasn't raised Muslim.
not true. we were told a story about a man who fought with prophet muhammed... he fought alongside him in one of the wars he was in and was injured very badly. he was in so much pain he just stabbed himself in the heart? to end it all. we were told he would go to hell. because you NEVER EVER kill yourself... EVER. your body and soul are a gift from god which you should NEVER take for granted.

also the number 72 never even appears in the quran so... i don't know where that even came from. i've never heard of it my entire life except from westerners on the internet.

and again i should repeat that in the last 30 years or so most wars and violence have been happening in islamic countries so... i'm guessing thats why all the suicide bombings are happening there. again... POLITICAL reasons.
kibbeh is offline   Reply With Quote