Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2016, 11:41 PM   #16584 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Holy. ****ing. **** BITCH!!! This song is actually heavy. Like... Black Sabbath heavy. The longer it goes on the more of an aural assault it becomes, until the music becomes deafening and James Brown ends up sounding like the blackest banshee you ever did hear. Godlike.
Quote:
God damn ****ing ****. I was digging that last album, but Soul on Top is wrecking some ****. It's got some of that old school reserve that doesn't connect with my modern sensibilities, but it's just such a wall of sound that when this album hits, it slams into you with a wall of sound and energy. You'd think that even James Brown would be hampered by a big bang jazz orchestra, but the man makes the whole thing his own and bends them to his will like the Hulk on a meth binge.

I'm simply too drunk to stop posting about this.
Quote:
It's been all of an hour, but James Brown has a new fan for life. As a priest of the Church of Awesome Hypnotic Riffs this is absolute gold. I wanna **** bitches all the time, and they better be black and big-bootied.
A loser like you would wait that long before getting into James Brown. Have you heard of this neat band called The Stooges?

On a serious note, get on some Screamin Jay Hawkins.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote