Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 03:25 AM   #3573 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansy gayboy 69 View Post
‘Mentally ill’ or ‘terrorist’? Jo Cox assassination exposes media bias

actually i'm NOT surprised to see this. what pisses me off is whenever a muslim does ANYTHING he did it because hes a muslim... but if its a non-muslim then NO. religion had absolutely NOTHING to do with it.... hypocrites. if i went to america and decided to kill someone i'd be labelled an ISLAMIC TERRORIST because of my name and its bull****.
Can you blame us? I'm sure there are murders committed by muslims and people of Middle Eastern descent in the West that don't go reported because they were clearly not politically or religiously motivated, but the ones that do generally have a link to their religious beliefs or affiliations. And we have a history of such crimes which are explicitly terrorist actions.

So when a supposedly super-religious guy shoots up a gay bar, seemingly just cause they're gay, it makes us think "Terrorist!". Granted, when a white person does it it's just called a hate crime, but I can't think of any white-on-gay violence that involved a mass shooting, just a fatal beatdown in an alley or something.

But people who bomb abortion clinics are definitely called terrorists, though "Christian" is generally not tacked on. Probably because we're a nation of Christians and don't really like the thought of sounding like we're disparaging our (not mine) religion. I imagine it's much the same in muslim countries, in that they call an Islamic terrorist just a terrorist without adding muslim or Islamic to the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansy gayboy 69 View Post
you misunderstand me. i'm really not offended at all. i just don't like the sound of 'apostate'. i'm not offended by it.
Is it a cultural thing? Like how if a Catholic called a Protestant a heretic they might not take it well, even though it would be accurate from the Catholic's POV? Not saying it's about a Christian calling you an apostate, just using that as an example.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote