Music Banter - View Single Post - Brexit? Yay or Nay.
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 05:43 AM   #47 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Even in democratic countries, it's not often that you get to vote on a single question issue that you know will have an enormous effect on your country for generations to come. In the case of Britain's EU referendum, we have the added drama of it being a really neck-and-neck race. Just a day to go, and nobody can say which way the vote will go.
In Britain the papers and the campaigners are pulling out celebrities in hopes of picking up just another handful of voters:-

Quote:
Newspapers pick out JK Rowling, Jeremy Clarkson and Sir Elton John among the Remain supporters, and John Cleese, Katie Hopkins and Elizabeth Hurley for Leave.
I started out as a Brexit man, but find that John Oliver has some very convincing arguments for Remaining:-

So fifty million people are biting their nails or trying to make a historic decision. Excitement mounts but not on MB, which abandoned the topic a month ago. What a pity that this thread doesn't even have a poll on it! I wonder if a passing mod would be able to stick one on as I for one would be very interested to know what MBers think about my country's make-your-mind-up-time crisis.