Music Banter - View Single Post - Brexit? Yay or Nay.
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 08:30 PM   #268 (permalink)
DeadChannel
Music Addict

Quote:
Politics is not longer about left versus right, it's about nationalism versus multi nationalism, and the UK has just delivered the first counter blow.
Eh... I don't know about that. Trump has focused on it because, face it, yelling about immigration and terrorism and such-like is exciting and news worthy, but that doesn't mean that it even comes close to encapsulating all of the policies that it takes to build an administration.

Nationaism vs. Anti-Nationalism doesn't account for universal healthcare or gay marriage. It doesn't handle police brutality or taxation. Nor does it encapsulate gun control or free speech.

Now, left vs right can't conceptualize these thing all that well either on its own -- I doubt anything could --, but that doesn't mean it's not a useful paradime. Plus, it mostly seems like the people who argue against it do so because the comparaison isn't particularly flattering of their position.

Disclaimer: By left vs. right, I don't mean American two party politics, which is bad and should feel bad.
DeadChannel is offline   Reply With Quote