Music Banter - View Single Post - Brexit? Yay or Nay.
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 09:01 AM   #287 (permalink)
Lilja
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
Yes, two years is the legally-set deadline for a country extracting itself from the EU; although it's never been done before, it's obviously going to be a complicated process.

^ Some good news from Lilja, who has the benefit and perspective of living in Europe.

I see no problem with taking some advantage of the situation. Actually it is what the papers here in Sweden are recommending...best time to go shopping in England as the pound is so low at the moment. Or to buy from England. If the shoe was on the other foot and the same thing was happening to my country, I am sure there might be people who would buy from Sweden and the like.

I do see that the vote for the leave seems to have been driven alot by nationalism to the point of isolationism. Perhaps I am wrong in this and those in the UK can better explain why it went the way it did. I do think the latest immigration/refugee taking in figures really drove the vote. Which in the end was still silly as my country and Germany took in a lot more than the UK did. But then that is my point as I rant on my soapbox
Lilja is offline   Reply With Quote