Music Banter - View Single Post - hillary clinton 4 prez
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 05:34 PM   #216 (permalink)
Blank.
Jacob Sartorius

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Pretty much my opinion exactly. I can never justify American imperialism to anyone who isn't an American, but... without some kind of military something or other... wouldn't it just be chaos? I know it's easy to say that as a citizen of the imperialist country, but... in some form or another... even if it's not how America practices imperialism... is it so out of the realm of conception that the Roman Empire isn't in some way beneficial?

Again, I can't justify that to a non-American, cause it's bull**** that it may or may not have to be us, but if it does have to be somebody, then it is us. Maybe in ten or twenty years it'll be China, but it's not right now.

I say this as someone who's just indifferent to everything at large rather than someone who's weighed and measured all the political realities, so take that as you will. I'm not really willing to defend it if anyone can respond with anything reasonably good.
What imperialism are you talking about exactly? Are you talking about modern imperialism?