Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Pet Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 10:33 AM   #2298 (permalink)
ChelseaDagger
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
He's mad picky about treats. I know how to handle him but I mean having a stranger do the same things I do. He would have to really warm up to you after a few weeks before any of that sort of touching goes on. Even though I've had him for a few years sometimes he is still stand offish with me. My method is a bit different.

I put my hand out so that the kitty can smell it and know that it's safe then I touch the top of their head and move to back behind the ears then I go for under the chin. Under the chin is the last spot I attempt because if they aren't ready for it they may snap at me. I've never had a cat snap at me but it seems like something they would do if they don't want you touching them under their chin space.
Poor little guy In my experience, female cats can be a bit more skittish like that, and take longer to warm up, but I usually find that male cats are more chill, and more open to affection. He sounds like he was maybe abused by a previous owner, or perhaps he's simply old and full of physical ailments and therefore is uncomfortable being touched. Sending my good kitty vibes his way, poor baby.
ChelseaDagger is offline   Reply With Quote