Music Banter - View Single Post - hillary clinton 4 prez
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 12:01 PM   #538 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
The corruption and security breaches? I haven't seen some big mountain of such things, just the same couple stories over and over that people keep digging into and, frankly, not finding much.

As far as Trump goes, why should a guy with such a long history of lies, racism, diarrhea of the mouth, lawsuits, and failed business ventures get one more chance? The man is a walking, talking custerfuck.
I highlight to make it easy to follow not to be a dick.

It's a tough one...for me anyway...because she has become so tarnished in the eyes of the general public, and is loathed amongst much of the grassroot party that I don't see her winning more than 1 term in office.

All the emails that continue to trickle down on the Clinton Foundation, Goldman Sachs, the Saudi's, her email server, blackberry and lies are just going to keep building up until someone like Marco Rubio makes quick work of her in 4 years. A disenchanted left will then probably swing the party further to the left with a candidate like Elizabeth Warren, allowing Marco Rubio 8 years.

If Trump wins on the other hand, he forces the Republican Party to swing to the left, and with the changing demographics, he is most likely facing an uphill battle to win a second term.

More importantly though, because he's more or less self funding he's offering the American people a chance to jump off the neo liberal train that's been killing American jobs and wages since the 80's. It may be a right wing xenophobic nationalist Patrick Buchanan leap, as opposed to a left wing tolerant progressive Bernie Sanders leap, but it's a jump off the train nonetheless, but more importantly a Trump win would wreak havoc in the Republican Party...

via leaving the Kock brothers and neo liberals who want to privatize social security and medicare in the wilderness.

A Clinton win would be 4 years of neo liberalism light (Classical liberalism) followed by 8 years of neo liberalism hardcore. Fox aside, there is something very wrong when the corporate media lamb blasts the Republican candidate in favour of a Democrat.

Yes you run the risk of a two term Trump Presidency, but it almost seems more strategic to run that risk and get a Democrat candidate who will beat Trump in four years, and stay in for eight.