Music Banter - View Single Post - Tony Iommi or Jimmy Page?
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 12:21 PM   #291 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
While music itself is up for interpretation whether it is good or not, guitar playing isn't always up for interpretation. There is a specific standard to be held to when playing guitar, and again, I say this fully knowing that Jimmy Page is a good guitar player, never said he wasnt, I only said that it's a shame that he's not up to par with what could be considered one of the greats, but to put him in the top 10 is showing your ignorance toward guitar players that can actually play both technically and melodically.
Jane, you ignorant slut.

The bad rap that Page gets is based off of mostly shows during the 75 and 77 tours where he was getting too wasted and as a result, sloppy.

His playing on the albums is both technical and brilliant for that genre. Have you ever sat down and tried to learn solos like Achilles Last Stand, Since I've been Loving You, Black Dog, and yes, even Stairway to Heaven? His note choices, the subtle little ways he accents his bends, his vibrato, and how the melody perfectly fits the song is much harder to replicate that you think.

Back then I could play Sabbath, Aerosmith, Nugent, UFO, ZZ Top, etc. well before I was able to accurately pull off Page.

And the vast majority of his live playing is ridiculously good. Ever listened to How The West Was Won? The solo on this is killer!

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote