Music Banter - View Single Post - Tony Iommi or Jimmy Page?
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 01:24 PM   #341 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
Because in the grand scheme of things, it's all based on how you perceive those facts into your own opinion. There are facts that you have to follow to be a good/great guitar player i.e. guitar lessons, perfecting your craft, etc. Many guitarists are above the caliber that Jimmy Page sits at. Not everybody is going to see the facts the same way when it comes to playing guitar, because everyone has a different perspective of what they believe is considered a good or bad guitar player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Some of my favourite guitarists sound like they've never played a guitar before in their life to the untrained ear.
What you're describing is standardization, and that doesn't mean much in the way of whether or not it's a good system to be based off of. The lessons bit is a bit of a strawman, because if I started teaching kids how to play prepared guitar, which I'm excellent at and have a very deep understanding of what can make a great prepared guitar player, their parents would fire me because their kid didn't learn how to play Mary Had a Little Lamb.

So what you're calling facts in this post...are opinions.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote