Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2016, 06:15 PM   #17425 (permalink)
Tristan_Geoff
midnite roles around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin_Station View Post
I've been to hundreds and hundreds of concerts. When I was a kid--throughout the 70s into the early part of the 80s, there were a couple venues--a 5,000 seat arena and a 17-18,000 seat arena, where I pretty much saw every artist that played there. And there are a few people I've seen way more than I've seen Aerosmith. I saw Frank Zappa on about 70 different days, with most of those including two shows (Zappa typically did two shows per night). I've seen the Grateful Dead maybe 50 times. KISS I've seen around 50 times, too. And there are a bunch of artists with decades-long careers where I've seen them once every tour or close to it . . . and none of that is including gigs I've done, people I've watched because I was on the bill with them, etc.

Even as late as the later 70s, it was typically only $6 - $11 for a concert ticket (the price difference depending on the venue, who it was, etc.), and the vast majority of shows were general admission--so every ticket was the same price. Earlier than that was even cheaper. Prices didn't start going up significantly until the 80s, and they've gradually risen over the years.

Of course, once I started working more as a musician myself, I often didn't have to pay for concerts--you get to know people, you get in for free, even if you just know a promoter or someone at the venue.
That's definitely rad dude, much respect. What band were you in again?

Emo/Pop Punk Journal

Techno Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neward Thelman View Post
"SMOKE CRACK MUDA****KKA"

I'll check that dictionary, but in the meantime I'm impressed - as is everyone else in the world - by your eloquence, obvious accomplishments and success, and the evidence of your blazingly high intelligence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
He just doesn't have a mind so closed that it rivals Blockbuster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I own the mail
Tristan_Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote