Music Banter - View Single Post - Why do music discussions become an insult fest?
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 03:30 PM   #54 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORRISGUITARMAN View Post
Its not, those are your words. You guys are so sensative. you react to every little thing. Its proper childish. Hey ho.
This is what makes you look new to forums. You can't just assume your kneejerk interpretation of someone's tone is accurate on the internet. Directness can easily be mistaken for hostility on a forum, but can just as easily be off-the-cuff honesty. I've seen plenty of people complain about a million things on forums, and most of the time it's due to a conflict between that person's expectations of a forum and the reality.

I've been on plenty of other music forums that are less chaotic than this one and I've never stayed long, because they're ****ing boring. Music Banter can appear to have no rhyme or reason, but that's why people come back. It has *gasp* actual character.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote