Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 12:26 PM   #33233 (permalink)
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard
OQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Which is why I specified that they can't be from Hot Topic or Spencer's. Any other teeny bopper store should be assumed to be likewise illegitimate. Although that's kind of a fun trip that the world's foremost Satanic band has clothing in H&M... and Slayer probably signed off on that too... Well I can't be too mad. They probably aren't millionaires after all.

And mine came from a hole in the wall metal and punk record store run by a middle-aged OG with long, possibly unwashed hair who wears old, grungy band shirts with the sleeves crappily cut off. That was the first place I ever saw Songs About ****ing too. If I'd known that it was a legit record I would have picked it the **** up at 16, but you live and learn. The point is that I couldn't be more legit.
t
But the issue is, with so many of the Hot Topic ones around, how do you know if they're legit into the band? If I saw someone in a Maiden shirt I wouldn't feel compelled to strike up a conversation with them because chances are they've heard 1 or 2 albums, but if they're wearing a Bathory shirt? You bet I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote