Music Banter - View Single Post - Let's talk about capitalism
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 12:43 AM   #54 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I understand the gist of it, and why corporations would like it, but there being so many working class people who are so militant about the idea just seems like Stockholm Syndrome, combined with the usual knee jerk contrarianism just because those damn dirty commies think the opposite. It's like they refuse to grasp the concept that if big government will abuse its power then unelected corporations should be at least as mistrusted.
There is a strong strain libertarinism in your culture going all the way back to Thomas Jefferson.

The concept for blue collar republicans and its advocates, (Newt Gingrich, Pat Buchanan ect), has always been an anti free trade country with strict immigration that ensures prosperous manufacturing jobs for the vast majority of the population, while limiting the welfare state as much as possible. (How realistic this is? I have no idea)

Unfortunately this ideology is the complete opposite of the classical liberals, libertarians and its advocates (Koch brothers, Jeb Bush) who are the elites within the Republican party, who want more free trade and mass immigration.

This explains the civil war going on in the Republican Party right now, its basically a class war and it is why I am somewhat sympathetic to Trump, If he wins it would put the screws to the 1%. If he loses, they will undoubtly regain control of the party and find a candidate that will beat Hillary in 4 years.

Anyways I'm getting off topic. I don't get either, being poor and advocating for a no minimum wage is like running around in prison with a mini skirt on....your just asking to get fu(ked.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote