Music Banter - View Single Post - InterGender Sports
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 11:23 AM   #46 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Yay, I'm home and can properly address some points instead of trying to type on my phone and only hitting certain aspects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
https://www.reddit.com/r/sports/comm...yed_the_uswnt/

The UNDER 17 Men's National Soccer Team beat the USWNT 8-2. Not even close to the best team the US Men can field

This thread is a desperate attempt at making some grand point but is not taking any logic or facts into account. Even in golf women would not be able to compete under the same circumstances. Have you ever been on a golf course? The "women's tee" is generally a 20+ yard handicap closer than the men's. Women don't even play on the toughest, most famous golf courses in the world (like Augusta National). It's not a sexist thing it's just how things ****ing are, jesus christ
If the women's tee was the same as the men's tee what difference would it make? Bestow your great golf knowledge unto me. I don't know much about it because I don't watch it or keep up with it. Sure it's just the way things are. That same statement was echoed in the past as justification of what black athletes shouldn't be allowed to play with whites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
To run circles around them they'd have to be faster than the black men, and white men are not faster than black men. They are not as strong, not as aggressive, and are mostly inferior in any physical way that counts. It's not racism to accept facts.
I know those facts and I agree with them. The thing that I have an issue with that being an general overall statement of men vs women and not so much athletic men vs women. If an athletic woman has the skill/talent to compete in a team sport then she should be allowed. If you take your statement and replace it with black and white men you could say the same thing. Changed your quote around to reflect the same thought process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
That was eSports specific. Why in a sport where women are welcome to compete vs men and along side them, do they seldom do it, and when they do, it is with other women instead of mixed?

I think the problem starts with women wanting to prove to men that they can out compete them so there is a tendency to bond together instead of dispersing themselves among the majority. Sexism is most likely to blame for this mentality to begin with, but that still doesn't change the fact that when given the choice the majority of women choose to ignore the option. Again, this is strictly from an eSports perspective as idk fuck all about "real" sports.
The reason they don't do it mixed is because they are too many bros in esports that wouldn't accept them into the folds. That's why they bond together and stick with their own team. When given the chance to be a part of an all male team you can obviously see the stupid drama that it would create. Pro esports players are the highest of douchebags and they wouldn't allow that to fly. It's a culture thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
What about a sport like horse racing? idk anything about it, but i think its segregated and i assume it might be one of the few instances where biology gives women the competitive advantage.
This brings up a good point that in the near future when technology and sports become more integrated. If there is technology available to change the playing field as far as physicality is concerned. It would end up being an even trade off and wouldn't matter if a man or woman were using the devices that would create the advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
InterGender Sports should be allowed as much as eSports should be allowed to be considered a legitimate sport.

Also the whole fake concern that Qwertyy brought up earlier about thousands of women not being able to compete if this happened is kind of nonsense. This would actually end up giving the few women that were able to keep up and perform with men a better chance and a nicer contract and give them more exposure and attention on a bigger scale than how it is in current women's leagues. Also I'm not saying that current women's leagues should be shut down or not exist anymore so those same thousands of women that are playing can keep playing. There will just be a few that are able to take a step up and playing with the men and get recognition and monetary value through contracts for their skill/talent like it should be.

Quote:
Upon further consideration I think it might only work with certain sports. If a woman tennis player could hold her own against men then I see no problem (though I doubt many if any would be able to go toe-to-toe with Novak Djokovic or Rafael Nadal).

Bobby Riggs and Billie Jean King with Billie Jean winning if ya'll need a refresher on that. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle..._Sexes_(tennis)

but full-contact sports like American football and hockey sounds like a bad idea. Not only would women likely be more prone to injury (differences in bone density for instance), but I imagine a linebacker tasked with crushing a female running back like a twig as he would a man might very well hesitate and hold back, which would undermine the integrity of the game.
The bone density between a black male and a white male are highly difference as well. You don't hear people going around saying that white men are more prone to injury because of it. https://depts.washington.edu/bonebio/bonAbout/race.html

Quote:
And whether or not they're underrated you can't argue with science. Take the world's strongest man and woman and have them go blow for blow and see which one ends up in the hospital.
That's why I made the point earlier about it being specifically for team sports and that may seem like I'm moving goal posts but it makes sense. I'm not saying that men and women should box each other or Olympic wrestling where it is just head to head physical strength. I'm talking about other sports that are team related or don't rely on strength alone and being an individual.

Quote:
I don't it's the women's willingness to be tackled that is the issue. Like I said, I doubt most men, and especially meathead jocks, would be comfortable with physical violence against women they weren't married to. /micdrop
Truth but it's also because there isn't a precedent of being able to do so. It's just the way things are now but it would change over time if women were allowed to compete against men.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote