Music Banter - View Single Post - InterGender Sports
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 09:14 PM   #60 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Age means a whole **** of a lot when it comes to sports. Being past your prime age is an insurmountable obstacle. If you don't get that then you simply have no idea what you are talking about. None.
Again with the excuses. So what if he was past his prime. He was still able to perform right? He shouldn't have agreed to it if he was in such poor form then. Excuses and you know it!

Quote:
It's ****ing golf. Aside from all the skill involved it's also about how hard you can wail at a ball. If you don't have the arm strength to compete with men then all the skill in the world (which the men will also have) is not going to save you. Again, you just sound like you have no idea what you're talking about.
You hate sports but all of a sudden you are on expert on golf? Golf isn't as simple as you think it is. You have no authority to talk about golf and neither do I since I don't watch it or keep up with it. I rather have this conversation with YorkeDaddy than you of all people that don't even like sports. Fuck outta here. The fact that you said it's all about arm strength goes to show that you know jack **** about golf. So you are the one that have NO idea what they are talking about.

Quote:
No. StarCraft might be a team sport to a slim extent in that you can be part of a team, and train and get feedback with a team, and get endorsements from the team, but when it actually comes to playing you are completely and utterly by yourself, so if your reaction speed is not on par with your opponent then you are likely to get your ass kicked at the highest levels, since all your experience and strategy will be matched by your world class opponent. Your teammates are completely irrelevant and might as well not exist during a match.

We just said esports, we didn't specify. So in your head all you think about is Starcraft. I said team sports so I'm thinking League of Legends or in COD matches. They are team efforts more so than Starcraft when it's 1 v 1 even when you are on teams it is still 1 v 1 instead of like a group effort in COD.
Quote:
You seriously just don't sound like you're willing to accept reality when it doesn't jibe with your social and political beliefs.
This is a BS statement. You just want to write me off because you think I'm a SJW when I'm just trying to have a debate. Actually when this topic has come up in the past. I was on your side of the argument and argued against Intergender Sports being a thing but when I made this thread I decided to argue the other side of the coin and play devil's advocate.

Quote:
And when the best skill in your sport is gone, and you're left with mediocrity, then even the skill of the players in the game will be laughable. Which I imagine would turn off even those few people who still watch to see the players who can actually do their job.
The people that watch women's league don't care about that. They watch the current mediocrity right now as it is. The people that watch women's leagues will still continue to support women's leagues because they believe in it and want to support it. Almost like Qwertyy claimed earlier in this thread.

Quote:
Because apparently neither of us know enough about the issue to use the argument in an intelligent way. I don't argue string theory with a theoretical physicist. If you can give me a scientific argument that refutes my point about men and women's reaction speed and I can't counter it without having expertise in the area then I would drop that too. And not because I'd be admitting you're right, but because the issue would simply be beyond my ken.
You aren't getting the point I'm making though. I don't need a degree to point out a fact that is clear as day. Being segregated by race and being segregated by gender because of size differences are the same thing. Why is it okay to allow races but not gender based off of size differences?

Quote:
Who were the negroes competing against in men's baseball? White men. Not white women. And the white men were not competing against black women. Straight up false equivalence.
Refer to my point up there ^^^ They were competing against white men that had a considerable size difference and I can pull up links if you want for muscle density and all of that bull**** but it's the same when people want to argue that "oh no women can't perform the same as men because physicality" STFU. Black men and White men are physically different and they are still playing in the same league.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote