Music Banter - View Single Post - The Islam Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2016, 04:00 PM   #294 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Islam is divided and interpreted through many different lenses for many reasons. The first is the way that the Quran and Hadith were written. It was a very political process of deciding which type of verbiage to use since they essentially had to decipher the outcomes of several games of telephone to determine what was originally said. The oral tradition of the teachings made it easier to manipulate the word to your meaning. The second reason that's equally as important is the fact that the tribalism of the seventh century seeped into both the teachings and the recordings. It set the stage for Islam to avoid unity and it makes it easier for Muslims to denounce other sects of Muslims.

I also think that the status of Mohammed in the religion as a role model is problematic given how much the world has changed since then.
The essence of holy texts are all about interpretation and what message the specific God of whatever religion has for you through the text. I feel like Islam is divided into two by those who are strict about their faith enough to follow Shari Law and those that are more westernized and cherry pick which parts of the Quran they choose to follow and are more open to the idea of not going against social norms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
^^^^

= The Bible.
Yeah I agree. The Bible isn't so specific about denominations though. It's strange how each denomination likes to argue with other ones similar to how he was mentioning that in Islam it's easier to denounce other sects. Christians do that as well but they don't have verses in the bible to back up their distaste for other denominations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Again, missing the point. I can cope with bad things being said about Islamic terrorism. I get a bit riled with those who lump those bad things in with ALL of Islam. And again you are interpreting my words in a way that fits your narrative to be snarky and snidely with your comeback.
I do as well. I also argue against statements like Islam is the most dangerous religion and other statements like that. I'm like why are people taking the radicals and using that to pass judgement against the entire religion? If the entire religion was as bad as they are saying the 1.6 billion Muslims in the world would have already destroyed us all.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote