Music Banter - View Single Post - How Do You Listen To Streaming Music?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2016, 11:53 AM   #19 (permalink)
Selective
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Are you doing some kind of market research or is it just a thing that interests you?

(I don't stream btw)
Mostly just an interest of mine. Before YouTube and everything else, I think my first internet radio experience was with AOL Radio. I was also hunting down individual websites that had their own private streams, and I would use iTunes to stream them. Both the AOL Radio and individual private streams were free and had no commercials, and for AOL Radio, you just had to have AOL, and the others relied on donations.

Then later when I tried SecondLife, all regions in there had internet radio streams, so anything that could be streamed in iTunes could be streamed in SecondLife. So I found even more cool stations to listen to when I was in there.

Then I found out about TuneIn, where every single internet radio stream ever in existence, is all organized and made easy to find and play, and most can be played from TuneIn without iTunes so it made it easier for those unable to use iTunes.

I've been around some people to use Pandora Radio and iHeart Radio, and I absolutely hate them. They have way too many problems.

I love YouTube, but it's been a huge mess since Google bought it. Anyone can flag any videos, and because everything is automated, flags mean instant removal, and there are no records of who flagged what, so that is being abused. Also, copyright owners are claiming ownership over stuff they don't own, stealing money from other copyright owners, and even blocking their viewers in certain countries without their knowledge. Also, copyrights can be sold and traded, meaning permission to use something can later come back as a copyright strike without any warning. Then videos that were allowed to be up, are eventually hit with copyright violations when the owner decides to upload their own copy.

I do love youtube, but I do find myself constantly replacing deleted and blocked videos, and that also includes ones uploaded by the artists and record labels themselves. Even the country region blocks on half the videos is annoying and it makes it difficult to share them.

The best way to share music other than a private personal stream, is MixCloud. You just need professional music editing software to be able to use it.

At the moment, I'm into music videos, but I do have a huge list of internet radio streams to pick from, and I have them set in my iTunes so I can just tune in anytime.

So I've always had an interest in internet radio, but my reason for making this topic was to see what others use and know about. I like to know everything, so if there is something I don't know about, then that interests me.
Selective is offline   Reply With Quote