Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2016, 07:58 AM   #34162 (permalink)
grindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xurtio View Post
I doubt that masculinity observations don't underlie it. If it was a picture of a full bearded lumberjack holding an ak 47, "fa*got" probably wouldn't come up. When Louis CK does his bit, he uses an efeminate whiny voice to portray his def of "fa*got".

If you were born in most cultures in the world today, especially in the west, you were raised around these shaming structures by the media and your peers. And these social strucures have been in place for hundreds of years. I don't think people do it so consciously "ooh I'm going to call this guy f*g to make me look more masculine". No, the social centers of the brain already do that automatically (i.e, its "subconscious" to use Freud's outdated terminology).

Also, the word "literal" was used in front of ****ot - not sure if the poster failed English, but literal has a particular meaning....

Louis CK wouldn't be able to go around using "jewed" or "kiked" and say "oh I was just talking about people that steal, not literal jews!" But the only reason that derogatory term is tied to stealing is because the jews were accused of it (infamously, by Hitler) ... much like homosexuality is considered failing at masculinity.

The new word for shaming men that don't maintain the patriarchy is cuck, btw. The alt right abandoned ****ot in the 90's when they graduated high school.
I use equivalents of jewed/kiked all the time and I think everyone should.