Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2016, 01:13 PM   #34186 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinewolfweiselpigeon View Post
Do you use the word as freely IRL?

Edit: it's not even about controlling what people say, it's about not wanting to associate with people who use that word - especially if you're straight and have never been on the receiving end of the hatred and violence with which that word is associated. It's just in poor taste, imo, but it is important to distinguish that this is my perception through an American lense, I acknowledge that there are cultural variations in relation to the word in question.
Oh no no, of course not. Outside of the forum I'm far more respectful than people realize. I just put on the other persona because of my insecurities. I do try to be nice at times but otherwise I'm just a self righteous *******.

Understandable if people get offended, but again, I do stress that it is just the internet. And although I'm a hypocrite for saying so, I've also been working on just brushing off petty insults that mean nothing through the internet. The same should go for slurs as mentioned imo. But, I understand that isn't as received as I intend. I as well have been at the receiving end of criticism and hatred toward sexuality, but that's just for me to deal with on my own time. I shouldn't make other people feel bad for being openly spoken. 99% of the time, people generally don't mean it as a personal attack on the internet. In real life that's much different, which I fully understand.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote