Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2016, 09:11 PM   #34241 (permalink)
Xurtio
Brain Licker

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
In a literal sense yeah but you know what I meant

sjw is just someone who calls people out on the internet when they say some racist or homophobic garbage sometimes it's a total buzzkill but tbh calling someone a ***got was never very funny to begin with

I'm not someone with the energy to do it, the internet is a cesspool of racism and homophobia, but I can't hate on someone who wants to point it out
I think of sjw as more of a pejorative than that, I'm annoyed by the kind of content I see them posting on facebook and the things they get triggered over (and how they totally abuse the concept of triggers). I posted the slaughter process for chickens (NOT as a vegetarian statement - *I* was part of the slaughter) and I got complaints.

People also get called sjw when calling out harmful behavior, but imo it's still an attempt to slander and discredit what the person is saying - and some people respond by taking it up as a badge - so maybe it's an ill-defined term anyway.

I don't go around calling out people on the internet, I'm pretty unmotivated, and my initial comment was pretty low energy, but I was insulted by the insinuation that I wasn't cultured enough to know Louis CK's ***got spiel. The nerve of some people.

Also, sincerely, Happy Holidays everyone! Hope the new year brings fun, new challenges to you all.