Music Banter - View Single Post - Goofle's Top 10 Albums From (most) Years: 1963-2017
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 07:35 PM   #122 (permalink)
Goofle
the worst guy

10. Xiu Xiu - Plays the Music of Twin Peaks
9. William S. Burroughs Let Me Hang You
8. The Knocks 55
7. Carly Rae Jepsen EMOTION Side B
6. Pop. 1280 - Paradise
5. Death Grips - Bottomless Pit
4. Lemon Demon Spirit Phone
3. Ariana Grande Dangerous Woman
2. Charli XCX - Vroom Vroom
1. Danny Brown Atrocity Exhibition

Big surprise right? Yeah... Danny Brown delivered his magnum opus in 2016 and I liked it quite a bit. Reaching new levels of manic energy, he managed to fuse techno, post-punk, soul and pretty much everything else into a melting pot of Fuckin' A. This album essentially claimed his spot as my favourite Hip Hop artist of all time.

Aside from that, we have a reasonably varied selection of albums here. Post-Punk, Bubblegum Bass, Dance Pop, jazzy/instrumental/classical reinterpretations of Twin Peaks songs and whatever the fuck that William S. Burroughs album is supposed to be. Believe me, there's dozens of albums that could have made the list. EP's, compilations, mixtapes, LP's and even some mashup albums. Truly jam packed with great shit.

2016 has been an incredible year for music, even if we had to see many of it's Legends pass away in the process. And it is a reminder that it's not a bad thing to look forward occasionally, you might just like it.

So here's those albums, in order. Enjoy folks: 2016 Top 10 AOTY Playlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote