Music Banter - View Single Post - Tristan's Sob Story: A Journey Through Emo and Power Punk
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 09:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tristan_Geoff
midnite roles around

On it Qwertyy, but first...

The Newfound Interest in Connecticut - Tell Me About the Long Dark Path Home (2005)
Niche: Midwest Emo/Post-Rock/Math Rock

I first listened to this around two weeks ago when I was at one of my most emotional states in a while. After months of dating who I thought was the perfect girl for me, meticulously working on myself and trying my damndest to be the best I possibly could for her, she says we need to take a break. This came at probably the worst time, seeing as I had planned to love her like I used to during the break. We finally had a chance to make it like this summer again, hanging out constantly and enjoying each other's company, as opposed to seeing her for a few hours every other weekend she came home from college. These dreams died and I was given pretty much the silent treatment bar a few odd texts during the day. I was crushed. I felt I was doing something wrong by wanting to spend time with her. I realize now that I knew it was coming anyways, and there are things I know that go into it that were just set off by me stressing her out more by making her find time for me amidst her busy schedule. I think we'll get back together at some point but honestly I'm just so confused about my future with her right now.

Hm? Oh **** the review. Right sorry about that. So there I was, crushed and alone. She's my only real friend in this world and I'd do anything for her, but at this moment and time she wouldn't talk to me. I needed something to listen to, to take up these feelings and express them in some other way or whatever. I found this cover looking through RYM, and I stared at it for a good few minutes. It's just... haunting. ****ing look at it, my god. I think that might be one of my favorite covers ever. The music's not lacking either. I went into it with fingers crossed, hoping it'd have the desolate cold feel the cover did. And it certainly delivered. This album is crushing emotionally, it's life affirming. It's emo as ****. Listen to it. It's what I needed at that point and maybe it will be for you.

9/10

Spoiler for Choice Track:

Emo/Pop Punk Journal

Techno Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neward Thelman View Post
"SMOKE CRACK MUDA****KKA"

I'll check that dictionary, but in the meantime I'm impressed - as is everyone else in the world - by your eloquence, obvious accomplishments and success, and the evidence of your blazingly high intelligence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
He just doesn't have a mind so closed that it rivals Blockbuster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I own the mail

Last edited by Tristan_Geoff; 01-25-2017 at 10:54 PM.
Tristan_Geoff is online now   Reply With Quote