Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 09:40 AM   #521 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I don't think that he's politically intelligent like the job requires, but the man is a marketing legend and that's really undeniable.
Accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
To be fair, that was 30 years ago and he does seem to be knocked down a peg in his old age. His rallies really do make him sound senile too.
He excels at his little rallies that's why he goes on those tours to remind himself how well of a showman he is and has the positive reinforcement of being able to rile up a crowd that doesn't realize that he's going to crush them in the process of moving his own agendas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
He's definitely smarter than he's letting on, to the point where it's actually rather difficult to tell sometimes what he truly believes outside of general sentiments of wanting to bring jobs back to the U.S. and dealing with the trade deficit (which he has been talking about since the 80's). He gave interviews throughout the 80's and early 90's that demonstrated his intelligence, so even having a discussion about whether or not he's smart doesn't really make sense because anyone who has watched an interview with him when he was younger knows he's smart.

Trump responds to petty stuff because he finds it entertaining to do so. He enjoys the attention, plus his personal brand is intertwined with his aggressive nature, so he just rolls with it because he knows it'll make headlines. In that sense, I guess he does care...at least for a second or two.

Sometimes when I see Trump related news or the various hit pieces, I feel like I'm watching a politically oriented second season of the anime The Irresponsible Captain Tylor. That was a series where nobody could figure out if the main character was a complete idiot or a genius with incredibly sharp underlying instincts: the evidence leaned towards the latter, but you could make a case for each. Either way, he was surrounded by opposition and even his own bosses periodically tried to undermine him to no avail.
I feel like you are giving him too much credit and you would just like the idea of him trolling the entire world while knowing wtf he's doing at the same time. He doesn't. He's just a flat out conman that some people have bought into and just like Frownland mentioned yes he's excellent at marketing but outside of that he just puts on the face like he knows what's going on but doesn't really. I've said several times before, he got into the election just wanting to win by any means necessary. He didn't really want to be president really until like the last month or two. He just wanted the election process to pump some energy into his businesses.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.