Music Banter - View Single Post - Is classical music still relevant today?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2017, 03:38 AM   #336 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blankmind View Post
I think the fact that it sold 6250 units still says relevant. It costs 550 dollars on ebay. That's a good chunk of money. And if 6250 people had the money to spare, I'm sure an even larger number of people wanted it but couldn't afford it.
Basically old people wanted it meaning they could afford it/fans. The genre overall still isn't popular in comparison to other genres. The question posed in the OP doesn't talk about if there are or aren't still fans of classical music. Clearly there are and I'm one of them. The question is more about classical music's presence outside of the fans and it being shoved at music theory students faces.

I have also admitted that it does have it's niche audience and of course soundtracks come into play but when you compare them to other genres there is no way that you can say they are on the same level.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote