Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Pink Floyd album?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 05:26 AM   #239 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I played all their albums to death when I first got into them years ago. These days Wish You Were Here is probably the only one of their albums I ever listen to start to finish. Such a great album.
^ Yes, me too, though I skipped a few albums along the way. Wish You Were Hear has some good material, but the title track doesn't measure up to this track from three years earlier, imo:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xurtio View Post
Atom Heart Mother is an underappreciated album, but to me it was their transition in to picking up that Floyd vibe they're well known for. Obscured by Clouds is another underappreciated album. Not many people realize that it was a movie score.
^ I agree. Atom Heart Mother is the album I voted for in the poll here. To me it strikes just the right balance between the slightly hit-and-miss experimentation of their earlier albums and the suffocating perfectionist polish of their later stuff.

These days the prospect of listening to PF doesn't appeal to me at all. I get a lot more pleasure out of Xurtio's very own The Deportation Tapes album, so thanks again for that, Xurtio!

Last edited by Lisnaholic; 01-11-2017 at 05:40 AM.
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote