Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 12:24 AM   #4905 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Wow finally something that would actually make me get into buying records. I love that.

Technology is a wonderful thing. The only drawback is I'm not sure I want to get into collecting records and have them taking up valuable space.
Okay - Right at the outset - horrible site design, both in the mobile and desktop experience. The fullscreen icon is non-functional, so you literally have to watch the product demo as a thumbnail video. The "close" button is at TOP CENTER... so you have to hunt for it to shut the damn thing up. And the default size of the pop-up video doesn't match the object frame, so you're stuck with a vertical scrollbar trying to see the whole clip. What better way to introduce a new product to the buying public?

Then on to the product - from what we can see on the official site, the device uses a tiny proprietary stylus which looks about on-par with the 89t 911 needle found in Fisher Price record players from '81. No anti-skate, no adjustable tracking force... and the entire unit is a giant glossy jellybean of a headshell sandwiching your record between it and a thin plastic disc for a base. Vibration transfer is going to be an absolute nightmare, and the needle will likely destroy any record it touches.

Crosley - you may have met your match.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote