Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 08:32 AM   #1449 (permalink)
riseagainstrocks
Music Addict

A quick thought on the protests in general:

I live in Northeast DC and walked down to the Capitol around 1:30 on Saturday to see what could be seen. I was surprised and pleased to find 600,000 of my closest friends in good spirits, holding clever signs (my favorite was along the lines of 'if I make my uterus a corporation will you stop regulating it?'), and feeling the camaraderie of being surrounded by ideological allies. I saw families, groups of 'frat star' bros, beautiful women, crust punk-types, old people, children, and one guy in a wizard robe. It was truly awesome.

Outside of the violence on Friday (committed by anarchist groups, NOT representative of the anti-Trump protesters) the rally was peaceful, massive, and inspiring. I'm looking forward to the next one - might actually make a sign this time instead of just observing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
You know how many times this has been said over the past few years? He's the President.
There is a world of difference from being a candidate and being the president. He has to either a) follow-through on his promises (the wall, banning immigration from Muslim countries) or b) not follow-through. Either he does a, which appeals to 30% of the voting public (well, that's how many voted for him, it remains to be seen how many of those were pure anti-Clinton votes) and damns him even more in the eyes of everyone else or he does b, in which case 70% of the public still thinks he's an ass, but now he's told lies he can't walk away from and the 30% that voted for him feel betrayed. It's a no-win. If you have another path to a victorious Trump presidency I'm (and I'm guess he is) all ears.

Serious question, do you support a border wall and a ban on Muslim's entering the US?

Last edited by riseagainstrocks; 01-23-2017 at 08:37 AM.