Music Banter - View Single Post - Home-schooling
Thread: Home-schooling
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 02:43 PM   #31 (permalink)
EPOCH6
V8s & 12 Bars

I've seen homeschooling work for some kids and fail for others, same goes for public schools. The likelihood of success obviously depends on a lot of circumstances. Are the parent's responsible, capable, and motivated enough to take on the role of teacher? Does the kid already have a developed social life that he will be able to maintain? Does the kid want to be home-schooled or are the parents forcing him out of the public school system?

I grew up going to public schools but my parents pulled my brother out of the public school system after he was expelled from two of them for dealing. Their complaints weren't with the integrity of public education, they were simply trying to keep him away from the groups that pulled him into that mess. It was too late for him at that point, he had already given up on his education and the act of home-schooling him was seen as nothing more than an authoritarian attack on his social life. He rebelled hard, ran away from home, couch surfed with other dealers for years, got chased out of the province, couch surfed with new dealers, got busted, and now he's stuck in the prison/poverty cycle.

For my future children I would be inclined to try the public school system first, see how it goes, stick with it if it works, or consider an alternative option (including home-schooling) if it doesn't.
There's 3 reason why the Rolling Stones are better. I'm going to list them here. 1. Jimi Hendrix from Rolling Stones was a better guitarist then Jimmy Page 2. The bassist from Rolling Stones isn't dead 3. Rolling Stobes wrote Stairway to Heaven and The Ocean so we all know they are superior here.
EPOCH6 is offline   Reply With Quote