Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 02:09 PM   #18686 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post

THE WAILING

Excellent Korean horror film. It has a really unique blend of horror elements, like zombification, ghosts, and demons, among other things. It's a serious contender for my favourite film of 2016, I'll have to watch that and The Witch again to see. The story basically follows a police officer as he deals with all of these wild events that occur around his village that start to affect his family. 5/5
Just watched this. Really killer, and creepy as hell flick. One of the things I really like about SK filmmakers is that they don't pay attention to running time. If they need 2.5 hours to tell their story they do it. Obviously SK audiences are just fine with it too - I don't think I've watch a single SK movie that was under 2 hours.

That being said I think The Wailing would have been better if they left 15-20 minutes on the cutting room floor. It got bogged down a number of times.

Still an extremely sinister and unique movie that's well done on every level.

4/5

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”

Last edited by Chula Vista; 01-27-2017 at 02:39 PM.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote