Music Banter - View Single Post - Are you religious?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 08:43 PM   #847 (permalink)
Chiomara
mayor of spookytown

Officially, I'm agnostic though many aspects of Gnosticism (the entire concept of archons is extremely fascinating) and Hinduism resonate and make sense to me. I definitely do not believe in a single all-powerful sentient god. I think that, if gods and deities do actually exist, they're just sort of like thoughtforms that bubbled out of the collective unconscious/primordial goop that grew and split off infinitely into various different beings who spawned their own legions of beings beneath them, etc etc. Which I actually don't think is all that far-fetched.

I think that we're essentially just the universe experiencing itself (or experiencing duality I guess, rather). But, then, I also don't necessarily think that we're all basically the same being-- I mean, yes I think we're all microcosms of the universe in a sense and that we all sort of stem from the same source (I visualize it as an inter-dimensional webbed fractal woven into everything) but I don't think it's as simple as new-age gurus like to explain it--it bugs me a little how new-age circles will adopt, distort and water down other cultures' belief systems (and often use certain terms incorrectly) and use it to sell terrible books..

OK that paragraph turned out to be an incoherent runaway train so I'll leave it at that.

Oh and despite having no logical reason to, I'm a staunch believer in reincarnation, always have been. (I don't quite agree with the buddhist view of it though. OH speaking of which!! I think it was Jung-- either Jung or Stanislav Grof who noted that many of their schizophrenic patients described horrible visions and hallucinations that almost exactly matched depictions of certain Buddhist hell realms.

I highly recommend Jung's The Red Book for anyone that's into weird esoteric stuff.

I've also had some .. maybe, possibly psychic episodes (though yes I know anything can be written off as coincidence) and paranormal encounters which kind of reinforced my kookier beliefs. :/
Chiomara is offline   Reply With Quote