Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 06:55 AM   #2295 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

At one simplistic level, good governing is like good parenting. Like the law about wearing a crash helmet on a motorbike; a sunny day on an empty road and you may not want to do it, but you know it makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
And I think him signing that deal to build that pipeline is absolutely the horrible corrupt decision making I was expecting. It will create a few temporary jobs that will vanish quickly and is moving in the opposite direction the we need to go in order to start preventing catastrophic climate change.
^ At last someone has mentioned this clear-cut example of terrible parenting."Let's forget about long-term irreversible harm to the environment of the whole planet. Let's sacrifice that for the short term benefit of the USA."
That's an approach typically taken by commercial companies clamouring for profits, which is why they should be regulated by a government that sees a bigger picture. Unfortunately, Trump is parenting on the Homer Simpson model, "Sure Bart, eat all the candy you want and no need to brush your teeth afterwards. Dental decay is just a scam cooked up by scientists, like global warming."

I think pro-fossil Trump with his scorn for alternative fuels is going to be more damaging, long-term, than his clumsy meddling with the immigration rules.