Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 06:02 PM   #2366 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
If that informs their reasoning I hope that all members of the SCOTUS are stripped of their titles. I heard a great quote from Gorsuch on the subject: "A judge who likes every outcome he reaches is very likely a bad judge." Their decisions should be made based on law, not the fact that Trump was a little mean to them.
I didn't word it very well. A lawyer on TV just made the point much more clearer. What they might do is read the decision and agree with the areas that basically say that Trump is trying usurp the court's opinions based on The Constitution as well as already being do disrespectful to the US judicial system.

What was Trump implying when he referred to the Washington justice as a "so called judge"? Saying something like that so publically can have the same affect on his base like constantly saying "fake news" does.

A president is not suppose to seed doubt in the American people about the soundness of our judicial process just because he's throwing another hissy fit.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”