Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 01:37 PM   #2410 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I have to wonder if you meant to say social issues and not economic?
I think you just didn't know what I said. The poor choose economic issues now, but agree with the Republicans on social ones. Clear?

Conservatism isn't going to die just because the Republican party is currently losing the culture wars. Give it a generation and the party will have changed out of necessity. I suspect it will be less about white vs. everyone else, and more about the elite vs. the 99%. All it will take is reframing the argument along class culture lines rather than race culture. I suppose the Democrats could change back to supporting the working class rather than the liberal intellectuals, but it would probably easier for the Republicans to start supporting the poor rather than the Democrats to go back on their moral values and leave behind their social liberalism.

This is all conjecture of course, but the political lines have to bend sooner or later.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.