Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2017, 05:58 PM   #2452 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
I didn't vote for Trump. That being said, that dossier sets a dangerous standard that will degrade journalistic integrity even more than it already has been. If something cannot be verified with hard information as opposed to this nebulous backstory that sounds like it came out of a bad James Patterson novel, then people shouldn't be running stories with sensationalist headlines that give credence to things that aren't true. Trump is the easiest target in the world: why use a dossier with inconsistent information as a card against him when the continued lack of any hard evidence only fuels his argument?

There's a serious possibility within the next two election cycles that someone is going to co-opt the Democratic Party (or perhaps the GOP) and take the opposite approach to Trump: they'll use money and influence quietly to use the media against the American public's best interests in the future. We were already on a slippery slope with Obama in that regard on some things. It's only a matter of time as social media becomes more and more prevalent in our lives. You think getting to the bottom of a story is difficult now? Wait 'til all the various media companies owned by people with a vested interest in the Democratic Party begin to leverage their positions in 2020.
You can't blame it on the media. Blame it on all the stupid ****ing people that just eat the **** up. A lot of people that would never have voted for Trump ended up voting for him just because of all the lies the media put out there about him. Which is also stupid, but hey. Welcome to America where the GED is supposed to be the equivalent of a high school diploma despite it being 7th grade education. And people still struggle with the GED. But hey, doesn't matter if I actually learn this ****, just as long as I can pass the test so they don't cut funding to my school other wise they'll have to diagnose more children with ADD to make up for it.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.