Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 10:57 PM   #2873 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
It's something I've seen brought up before in a few think pieces related to Black Lives Matter (among others). The argument being that even though the U.S. is a melting pot, no matter which "culture" reigns it will inevitably be racist to some degree if they achieve any kind of longstanding majority.

I don't know if social evolution is truly possible with the way things are, but I think there's some merit to the analysis. Acknowledging racism as a problem all people share instead of just whoever the perceived majority is would be a start to fixing it. That won't happen under a Trump administration here of course...

It was also mentioned that you have some people screaming about white privilege, for instance, but there are many "non-racist" whites who feel as though there are places they are not welcome because they are white.
I think it is possible, and I agree with your first point.

For the second one, white privilege is referring to the advantages white people have at succeeding in life do to our cultural background. White people are more likely to grow up in better neighborhoods, go to better schools, etc. because of the history of this country. The idea of it gets really watered down and often lost by people that like to scream it out every chance they get. Try hard SJWs that do more harm than good.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.