Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 11:25 PM   #3293 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Obama belittled him? Wouldn't you agree that the Trumpster asked for it with all of the birther BS and trying his damdest to delegitimize Obama's presidency?

"Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones", comes to mind.
Not really. That was a pretty "thin skinned" thing for Obama to do. There were a lot of people questioning Obama's birth certificate for awhile besides Trump during that same time period. He was just one high profile voice among other high profile voices all saying the same thing. So why specifically single Trump out, invite him to the 2011 correspondents' dinner and then belittle him for half an hour in front of millions of people when you are the POTUS and he's a private citizen? That's the kind of thing that you'd expect from someone LIKE Trump, not Obama.

Secondly, this incident is what incited Trump to seriously run for office in the first place, which is why we are in this situation today. So you could make the argument that Obama made a huge mistake by doing something that was fairly unpresidential by his standards. Rather than glass houses, I think "karma is a bitch" is a better summation of what has happened.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 02-25-2017 at 11:36 PM.