Music Banter - View Single Post - 4chan, memes, language, Trump, alt-right, etc.
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 06:06 PM   #42 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'm quite surprised you didn't say just ****ing kill yourself. Showing great restraint, Batty!
Here read what you wrote to Ki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
How can I take it any other way than personally and seriously, when the post related to my advising everyone that my favourite aunt had passed away? If there's something more serious or personal than that, I don't know what it is.

There are times for jokes, Ki, and this is not one of them. If I write something intensely personal and you say it was too long, then I can't in all honesty see that as being a joke, and if it was, it wasn't funny. Obviously I'm not insinuating that you don't care, and while I don't wish to make a federal case of this, I think it's important to distinguish between what could be seen as banter and outright rudeness or thoughtlessness. Even Batty had a sincere comment, and if anyone was going to make an off-colour joke I might have expected it from him. But you have to say (and it's odd I know but there it is) in this case, he had more class than you.

I've checked it out: twenty-one seconds to read without rushing, and anyone in all fairness who reads a message that begins "My aunt passed away" and can't be bothered to read the next few lines, well, I don't know what to say. Had you read it through (a valuable twenty seconds I'm sure you could have spent in other ways) you would not have needed to make the remark that you did here, committing a social faux pas of sorts, and this issue would not have come up. Given that, had you not read it and then responded with "sorry man didn't read/see the post" that would be better than, essentially, "sorry could not be bothered". Considering how people (including me) have supported you recently, the idea of even thinking of making a joke about this comes across as very cold and emotionless, whether that was the intention or not.

tl;dr: I didn't find your comment funny, I don't see it as a joke and I kind of doubt anyone but you gets it. Maybe have a bit more consideration next time, yeah?
You insult people by hiding behind the Batlord as if he said it. I had a friend who did commit suicide recently and I find that phrase "just ****ing kill yourself" just plain fucking revolting. It's not a joke, it's not even an off-colour joke. Now you sunk lower than Ki, I think you owe him an apology.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote