Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Favorite Quotes!
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 01:12 PM   #114 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiomara View Post
Cecil Beaton on Tallulah Bankhead:

"Tallulah Bankhead is a wicked archangel with her flowing ash-blonde hair and carven features. Her profile is perfectly Grecian, flow of line from forehead to nose like the head on a medallion. ... She is a Medusa, very exotic, with a glorious skull, high pumice-stone cheek bones, and a broad brow, and was equally interesting sculpturally when she was plump as she now is cadaverously thin. Hers is the most easily recognizable face I know and the most luscious. … Miss Bankhead's cheeks are like huge acid-pink peonies, her eyelashes are built out with hot liquid paint to look like burnt matches, and her sullen, discontented, rather evil rosebud of a mouth is painted the brightest scarlet and is as shiny as Tiptree's strawberry jam."
Was pretty sure this dude was gay just from that, and what do you know, Wikipedia backs me up. lulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansy gayboy 69 View Post
“It is easy to blur the truth with a simple linguistic trick: start your story from "Secondly." Yes, this is what Rabin did. He simply neglected to speak of what happened first. Start your story with "Secondly," and the world will be turned upside-down. Start your story with "Secondly," and the arrows of the Red Indians are the original criminals and the guns of the white men are entirely the victims. It is enough to start with "Secondly," for the anger of the black man against the white to be barbarous. Start with "Secondly," and Gandhi becomes responsible for the tragedies of the British.”

― Mourid Barghouti - مريد البرغوثي, I Saw Ramallah

“The white man was created a devil, to bring chaos upon this earth.”

Malcolm X , 1953
Meh. The Nation of Islam is the black Ku Klux Klan.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote