Music Banter - View Single Post - Tumblr, Otherkin, and Political Correctness Overkill
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 01:14 PM   #368 (permalink)
riseagainstrocks
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
Are you going to argue in favour of circumcision or...?
Like abortion, the decision should be left to the people involved.

Personally, I don't have a problem with it. There are less nerve clusters, so sex is some percentage less pleasurable, but there are cleanliness concerns that circumcision removes. Whether those apply in first-world countries where access to bathing water is common is of course, up for debate.

So it's a choice between a sex sensation that I have no comparison for and a cleanliness issue that doesn't apply to someone who showers at least once a day. I don't really care.

Referring to circumcision as 'genital mutilation' is a common tactic to raise the practice of foreskin removal from newborns to the very real mutilation of prepubescent and adolescent girls, where the clitoris is shorn from the vagina and in some cases, the vaginal opening is sewn shut. They are not comparable 'operations'.

Even Christopher Hitchens, who while correct about so many things, shares your risible language on this topic, was quick to state he was not making a comparison. Language is important. That's what my smartass post was pointing out.