Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 02:11 PM   #4277 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

One thing that keeps this thread so active is that with Trump, the scandals are just queueing up to be mentioned. Not the most dramatic, but certainly one that highlights his arrogance and hypocrisy is the one about his and Obama's downtime.

Trump famously criticized Obama's visits to the golf course and promised that he (Trump) would work harder if elected. But what's the score card so far?
Obama's golf games after 72 days in office: 0
Trump's ditto: 14

Other stats I've seen are that Trump has spent about one-third of his days in office, not in office but elsewhere - and every time it's to a Trump-owned club or hotel, that's free publicity for some Trump enterprise. Free to his businesses, that is, because the American tax-payer is footing the bill. Did anyone read about how Mar-a-Lago has doubled its membership fees since Trump took office? Isn't it galling that M-a-L is thriving because of publicity provided at public expense? Trump has called the place "the Winter White House," as if giving it a kind of quasi-official status, while the actual official weekend escape house, Camp David, stands empty. Does Trump worry that he is thus doubling up expenses for an out-of-town weekend? Presumably not because once again, the tax-payer is paying for it.

I understand that Ki feels over-exposed to all this anti-Trump rhetoric, but how else to draw attention to Trump's seemingly endless abuses of his position? I think it's important that journalists maintain their sense of outrage in the face of conduct which is, imo, outrageous:-

From 22 March this year:- Donald Trump: America's Marie Antoinette (opinion) - CNN.com

And from today:-

Last edited by Lisnaholic; 04-03-2017 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Embarassing fact check of my own post