Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 05:34 PM   #4490 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
important to point out Marxism made a distinction between personal property and the means of production but so off topic now I should just have my own Ask a Communist thread

It's not that no one is entitled to the shirt on their back it's that the false meritocracy shouldn't be determining who gets to own a shirt
I kind of don't see a distinction in a real world sense since there will always be someone leading the proles to build something, and that person will always see the product being more his/hers than theirs. So any means of production will always be to some extent personal property unless the leader/leaders is not sufficiently competent enough to quell the rabble and take what he/she sees as rightfully theirs.

I mean, stuff like bridges and roads that don't directly produce revenue can be "public", but factories? The leaders will never let the followers have them without a fight.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.