Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 11:14 AM   #5532 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

Quote:
Passengers on a United flight from Chicago to Louisville, Ky., were horrified when a man was forcibly removed — violently wrenched from his seat and physically dragged down the aisle — to clear a seat for airline staff.

United has not responded to NPR's requests for comment, but on Twitter, a representative of the airline said the flight in question was "overbooked" and that "one customer refused to leave."

"This is an upsetting event to all of us here at United," company CEO Oscar Munoz said in a statement. He said the airline is conducting a "detailed review" of what happened, and reaching out to the passenger in question.

Multiple videos and photos were posted on social media, and other passengers described the incident online — at first upset about the delay, and then horrified by the violent turn of events.
Passenger Forcibly Removed From United Flight, Prompting Outcry : The Two-Way : NPR

This is f*cking unbelievable. Video in the link. I'll never fly United again and I hope they go out of business. This will be fun to watch over the next few days. For the record, this isn't surprising coming from United, at least from me.

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote