Music Banter - View Single Post - Islam in Europe
Thread: Islam in Europe
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 12:43 PM   #139 (permalink)
riseagainstrocks
Music Addict

The focus is still wrong.

It's not the religion. The religion is a convenient way to cloak political rhetoric in a way that is culturally ingrained in people from birth. Again, study the history of the Salafis. These are POLITICAL actors, seeking justification through the dominant religious ideology of their region to motivate followers to engage in POLITICAL acts to further TEMPORAL power. You can't get a 16 year old shepherd to strap on a bomb by saying "we're engaged in a territorial dispute with the warlords across the way, go kill a bunch of moms at the market". You tell him "Allah wills this, see this page of the Quran? That says kill the Sunni. Oh, and you'll get 72 virgin brides when you get to heaven".

True believers among the upper echelons of these groups are exceedingly rare. How do I know? Because I read books, written by experts, that a) interview these people b) rely on captured documents and manifestos and c) I can apply basic logic to the situation. The Quran says to kill or convert the infidel (if you skip over a bunch) just like the Bible says to beat your plowshares into swords (if you skip over a bunch). The commonality is MEN with POLITICAL AMBITION convincing the POOR and IGNORANT to die in their place.

It's truly shocking that this is such a hard concept for many in the West to understand.