Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 01:44 PM   #5550 (permalink)
riseagainstrocks
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
So then youre perfectly fine with someone being grabbed and dragged off of a plane because they paid for their seat and wouldn't move? Also police don't deserve respect. They have to earn it like the rest of us. I won't openly be a dick to them but I also don't feel like I should be forced to respect someone because of their uniform.
Your default state should be respectful, to everyone, until someone abuses your respect or trust.

To do otherwise makes you the dick you're trying not to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
California's Senate passes sanctuary state bill - CNNPolitics.com

This is a terrible move. While the intentions behind this is great in that it keeps people safe who wouldn't go to the police out of fear of deportation, it swings too far in the wrong direction by wasting tax money on imprisoning violent felons instead of deporting them.
It's my understanding the states are not supposed to set immigration policy. So wouldn't using state resources to enforce federal law be a similar breach of federalism?

Sources for my understanding (first four links): https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...gration+policy