Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 02:57 PM   #5558 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
No. You're just missing the disconnection between uniforms and respect. Believe me, I won't go out of my way to disrespect a fireman or cop, but I shouldn't be forced to respect them for, as you put, choosing a job that puts them at risk. Sorry, but if they weren't forced to be a cop or a fireman, and they weren't forced to risk their lives, I shouldn't feel forced to respect them. I do respect them, obviously. I'm not that soulless. But I'm going to respect them based on what I see out of their character.
Take a minute and read your response very slowly.

Not only are you ranting, and using the word force way too many times - you are not forced to respect, you are obliged - but you're trying to move the goalposts.

I'm not missing anything. You were the one that tossed the uniform you wear into a serious discussion about people who choose a field of work that could result in death as a result of trying to help the populace. Shame on you.

14% of those who died as a result of 9/11 were police and firemen rushing into the situation while everyone else was running away.

There's approx. 18,000 police departments in the US employing upwards of 800,000 cops. Don't let the negative headlines - which is all we ever get to see - screw with your overall attitude.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote