Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 03:30 PM   #5559 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseagainstrocks View Post
It's my understanding the states are not supposed to set immigration policy. So wouldn't using state resources to enforce federal law be a similar breach of federalism?

Sources for my understanding (first four links): https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...gration+policy
Well, states are in a default mode where they can assist ICE by asking immigration status and reporting who they find to them regardless of if they do anything criminal or not. Sanctuary cities are just kind of a in name only type of thing. In NYS, cities are decided to name themselves sanctuary cities just so that local police don't harass illegal immigrants but if State Troopers and ICE can still come in and harass people and ask them their status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
California's Senate passes sanctuary state bill - CNNPolitics.com

This is a terrible move. While the intentions behind this is great in that it keeps people safe who wouldn't go to the police out of fear of deportation, it swings too far in the wrong direction by wasting tax money on imprisoning violent felons instead of deporting them.
Violent felons get handed over to the ICE. There is an exception to that bill that if the person has committed a crime then they get passed over to federal.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote