Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you vote?
Thread: Do you vote?
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 07:30 AM   #37 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Let's be honest. If not voting means you can't complain, it's because of a lack of civic participation. Voting is by far the least meaningful or effective form of civic participation, taking almost no effort and amounting to a drop in a sea of ignorance. If all you do is take one single day out of four or two years to vote, then you still can't complain, because you are not actually a real civic participant. So far as I can tell it's possible that DJ is the only one on this site who has a right to complain if we're saying that you can't complain if you're not civically engaged
This I would have to strongly disagree with. You're saying that if you don't actively take part in politics/community that you have no right to bitch? It may be only once every few years but if you get up off your arse and vote, and the one you voted for doesn't get in, I think that gives you every right to complain. Not everyone has the time or inclination to get involved in the way the likes of DJ does but that should not disqualify them from being able to bitch about the way things are.

Last edited by Trollheart; 04-11-2017 at 10:13 AM.
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote