Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club 2017
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 07:38 PM   #731 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I used to hate jazz. I always thought folk was a bunch of lame crap not worth checking out. I used to think all country sucked. I used to not be able to listen to a song with screaming. I thought punk was plain stupid. I thought that classical music was just cliched, boring string music. Want some more? I could list pretty much everything I listen to today that isn't metal or rock.

Again, it's probably my bluntness throwing you off. I don't usually go "well shucks it sure is a nice album for an indie rock band but it's not for me." I usually just call it ****.
How much of that did you decide you liked after high school? It kind of doesn't count when you're a child/teenager without even a basic sense of their own taste. I'm inclined to think that was in the past, cause those are some really cheesy views for an adult to hold.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote